Sunday, January 9, 2011

Swatches: Nude Lip Lipsticks (Illamasqua, MAC, Make Up For Ever)

I'm a HUGE nude lip lover!  Not to be confused with "neutral lips" either.  There's a huge difference between nude (which I would call blanking out your lips to your skin color) and neutral lips (using a lip product that plays off your natural lip pigmentation). 

Anyway, now that THAT'S out of the way! 



Make Up For Ever - #22
Retails: $19 on Sephora.com
This is a newly acquired item for me.  I saw so many swatches on other blogs and it looked gorgeous!  It's a satin color, which means it's got a little bit a sheen to it.  In swatches and photographs, it does look like it's got a sheen, but on my lips in real life, it looks a little more dry.  However, this can be easily fixed by applying a gloss over.



Illamasqua - Sonnet
Retails: $22 on Sephora.com
I've also already bought and returned this item.  I hated the color (too orange for me) and I wasn't crazy about the consistency either.  I had these swatched on my hand (like in the picture in this post) and after a few minutes, the color started to separate... Hmm.  For $22, I would expect way better!  So I returned this and in the future would rather buy from MUFE or MAC and save a few bucks!


MAC - Myth
Retails: $14.50 on MACcosmetics.com

My all time favorite nude lip lipstick is MAC's Myth.  It's a little pinkier for me and that helps to make me look more alive.  Lol!  I love to pair it with a pink tinted gloss over top as well, to brighten it up!  MAC obviously has great lip products and I feel like they're sold at a reasonable price. 





Do you wear nude lips?  I'd love to know some other lipstick recommendations!  :)


Also, if you haven't already, please enter my giveaway!

6 comments:

Straight Up Glam said...

I almost always wear a nude lip! I love it! Myth is definitely a good one! I haven't tried the MUFE one yet, but next time I'm at Sephora, I'll check it out!

My favorite nudes are: MAC Hue, YSL Rouge Volupté #1 & #2, Chanel Rouge Allure #69 Mythic, MAC Myth, and MAC Creme de Nude. I love nude lippies!! lol.

Andrée xx

Barbie said...

I have MAC Hue too and I love it! But actually, when I got mine from MAC (online), it was already a little broken. So I don't use it much. Blah!

MUFE also has a ton more to choose from! But #22 looked so nice! I'll have to do a FOTD with it or something. :)

liquoredonlacquer said...

I love MAC Myth so pretty :)

Anonymous said...

I need a nude. I liked the color of the Illamasqua one best but based on what you are saying about the consistency, I think I'll check out the MAC instead. Thanks!

Ehmjay Bornales said...

i want to have those kind of swatches. :) very pretty

heartlee said...

Wow! Thanks for the review! One of my ALL TIME FAV make up looks is the pinky nude lip & smokey eyes! I have been on the quest for the perfect nude lip color and it's a little overwhelming/exhausting! I personally have found is NP Lipstick (from Target of all places!) Denver. It's $15 and it's really creamy and when applied lightly is a very nice texture and weight. It doesn't last throughout the day but reapplication is easy b/c if the nude color is applied on the fly it's really not big deal. Not like a bright red which takes precision.

One I didn't like so much was Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick $26 @ Sephora (Casual Beige 222?) This also wore off quickly and dried out my lips.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...