Sunday, May 24, 2009

Review: Mascara Comparison: Mac Zoom Lash vs. Maybelline Colossal



A comparison between MAC Zoom Lash mascara and Maybelline Colossal mascara. Before putting the mascara on, I just curled my eyelashes (as I always do) and only applied ONE COAT of each, because I normally only wear one coat. I'm only comparing initial application outcomes. However, I have worn both these mascaras all day long and didn't notice any significant flaking or anything. . . . Anyway, the results!


MAC Zoom Lash:
What they promise:
"This instant volume mascara power-lifts the lashes into length, curls them up...builds them faster than you can wink! Precision control wand glides smoothly down lashes to provide a gorgeously silky upward “sweep”. Smudgeproof and long-wearing!"
$12.00
- www.maccosmetics.com

My opinion:
This mascara definitely helped my lashes look longer even though they are a little bit clumped. I also felt like if I had applied another coat, they would have been even worse. But, I don't normally do two coats, so that's not a HUGE problem for me. This also seemed to straighten out my already curled lashes.

Worn in "ZoomBlack":




Maybelline Colossal:
What they promise:
"Creates 9X the volume, instantly.
  • Patented MegaBrush + Collagen Formula plump lashes one by one
  • Dramatic Volume with no clumps"
$7 - $8
- www.maybelline.com

My opinion:
I love this mascara. I love the thick wand with the kind of separated bristles to make sure the lashes get between. This definitely adds volume to my lashes. My lashes didn't end up stuck together or clumped. My lashes stayed curled.

Worn in "Classic Black":



The Verdict:
Overall, I feel like the Colossal mascara made my lashes look thicker and fuller. For the price difference of about $4 between these two mascaras, I'd say you're better off with the Maybelline. Will I use up the rest of my Zoom Lash? Definitely. Will I purchase more? No.


Hope you guys liked this review! What's your favorite mascara?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...